Sunday, February 25, 2007

When I'm quiet, it's bad news

After the bad night in my last post, and then another bad night the very next day, I lost about two thirds of my online bankroll. Why have I been sucking at $1/$2 limit games? I've really got no idea, but the easy solution is not to play $1/$2 online for a while.

Instead, I've been playing $0.01/$0.02 no-limit, which has been an absolute blast. I'd forgotten how much fun online poker can be. See, I've been seeing every flop that costs me 4¢ or less, and then betting aggressive when I hit top pair, and have been really irritating the heck out of people when I end up taking down pots with hands like 93o when I hit two pair. I'd like to tell myself that I'm doing it to train myself to fold overcards post-flop, but really, it's because I like profiting big on unexpected wins.

No comments: