Sunday, October 01, 2006

Happy Days' midnight tourney no more

I went to Happy Days to play in their midnight tournament again last night, but they had just changed the schedule: noon, 7 p.m., and 2 a.m. No more midnight tournament.

Instead, I sat down at the $3/$6 table, and was absolutely card dead. By playing tight agressive, you could make a killing at these tables, with six people seeing almost every flop, and half the hands ending with a three person showdown. In my 75 minutes at the table, I only saw two hands where there wasn't a showdwn. Wild.

Unfortunately, I only received three hands worth playing. My pocket nines didn't improve by the river; on the small blind, my pocket jacks got beat the by pocket aces on the button; and my AK hit a king on the flop, but lost to K8 when an 8 came on the river. Add in five orbits where my big blind was either garbage (fold on the flop) or was mediocre (fold to a pre-flop raise), and I ended up not winning a single hand. Bah.

No comments: