Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finishing in the money about half of the time

Horse again. I don't know if it's because the other players are bad (I suspect so) or because I've been playing well (I doubt it), but I've placed in the money three of the seven horse tournaments I've played.

FinishNet
6th-$1.75
1st+$7.65
6th-$1.75
2nd+$5.55
4th+$0.65
13th-$1.75
11th-$1.75
Total+$6.85

Two bad beat stories:

When I went out 4th, I did so in a razz game. I was dealt 54(A), and raised all in (I was short stacked). The result an irritatingly amazing: 54(A422)5, for a hand of A4522. Bah.

When I went out 11th, it was in a limit hold 'em game, and as most good bad beat stories start, "I was in the big blind, and..." with blinds of $100/$200. I was dealt 7 9. It folded around to the button, whose stack was twice the size of mine ($2965 to my $1441). He raised to 200, the small blind folded, and I called. I think he's just trying to buy it.

8 4 T. I've got an open end straight draw.

I bet, button raises, I call.

The turn is J. I've hit my straight, although there's now a flush possible. I bet, he raises, I reraise, he caps it, I call.

The river is 6, and I've got $241 left. I bet, he raises me all in, I call. I still don't think he's really got a spade.

He turns over A 8. He was ahead the whole time. Stick a fork in me.

No comments: