Thursday, July 01, 2004

Log by travisl for Holly Ridge (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Holly Ridge (Traditional Cache):

travisl found Holly Ridge (Traditional Cache)

The gate was open, so I was able to drive all the way up to the top, where some guy had his trailer set up and an antenna spread all the way across the field, about 50 feet up, in a misguided attempt to contact the alien from Alpha Centauri who endorsed George Bush in the 2000 elections. At least, I think that's who he was talking to.

I grabbed a sheet of aluminum foil out of the trunk and built myself an impromptu hat, so that neither the alien nor the guy in the trailer would read my thoughts. This probably also interfered with my GPS signal, or my brain's processing of the signal, because I took a trek into the woods, back out of the woods, and back into the woods, before someone else found it.

Stickered the log, zig zagged back to the car (in case the aliens were trying to track me visually), and shot out of there like a bat out of Russ Davis' hands.

No comments: