Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Log by travisl for Basque Sheepherder (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Basque Sheepherder (Traditional Cache):

travisl found Basque Sheepherder (Traditional Cache)

Came in from the wrong entrance, coming in from McCarran, and scraped something nasty sounding along the underside of the GeoSaturn as I'm avoiding oncoming 45 mph traffic. Yee haw!! (Cue the General Lee's horn here)

A nice stroll to the cache, and I read all the plaques along the way (''Believe it or not, wet areas have different plants than the desert.'' Duh.) and didn't realize those weren't the plaques you were talking about until after I was attacked by Quincy the black lab, wondered what a Basque Sheepherder was, and then checked out the monument. Ahh... those plaques.

I then went after the cache, which was an easy find, but a bit of a stretch for my short arms. Dropped off the Encompassed travel bug, took nothing.

I've not had this much contact with the history of sheep since a friend of mine told me about a warm night in Montana, but that's a story for another time, and definitely another place.

No comments: