Monday, May 17, 2004

Log by travisl for Tiny Park - Tiny Cache (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Tiny Park - Tiny Cache (Traditional Cache):

travisl found Tiny Park - Tiny Cache (Traditional Cache)

I like when I park the car and the GPS says the cache is less than 100 feet away. That happened here. Unfortunately, the arrow on the GPS was pointing directly at a short round grandmotherly kerchiefed mamushka who (guessing here) was watching her grandchildren with great interest, and me with great suspicion. The GPS wasn't pointing directly at her now, but instead was pointing closer to the center of the park, so I followed the arrow, but took care not to get too close to the kids, nor to pay the kids any attention (so that the mamushka wouldn't think I was interested in them).

I searched a couple of spots which didn't pan out, and finally followed the arrow back to her seat.

''May I take a look at this?'' I asked. ''I'm on a scavenger hunt.''

She smiled and stood up, and walked towards the center of the park. I checked, didn't find the cache, and thanked her for her time.

I wandered around the park a bit more, read the sign describing how the park got its name, and the arrow continued to point back to where I looked the first time. I checked again -- no luck. I walked to another spot about 20 feet away, and saw the cache instantly. Could I get it discreetly? Yup -- the mamushka's view was blocked by a train.

Signed the log, replaced the pretty visible cache, and headed back to work. I took the brand spanking new C Street on-ramp to westbound highway 18. I think if you got some speed up, you could get your car airborne fairly easily as you crest the railroad overpass there. I'd try it, but I don't think my Saturn's suspension could deal with that too well.

Thanks for the hunt.

No comments: