Sunday, May 30, 2004

Log by travisl for Digging Fossil! (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Digging Fossil! (Traditional Cache):

travisl found Digging Fossil! (Traditional Cache)

Wow -- I met the nicest person here today. I'd signed the log, and was placing it back in the film canister, when this friendly looking lady drove up. By the way she smiled, I was sure I'd met another geocacher, but she got out of the car and asked, ''Interested in the fossils?'' She was the caretaker of the display and the exhibit in the trailer near the fossil site, and we discussed the fossils, and I told her about geocaching. She was OK with the cache being there, and seemed glad that it was bringing more people here.

She said she was headed to lunch, but if I'd like, she'd be happy to show me the displays inside of the trailer, and to give me some fossils to bring home. I checked it out, and politely declined to accept some of the nice looking fossils, but went and got a few of my own off of the hill.

I then had lunch at the restaurant a couple blocks away, right in the middle of a Harley Davidson rally.

Thanks for the fossils, for letting me meet this really nice lady, and for finding a good turkey/pepperoncini sandwich.

No comments: