Sunday, May 16, 2004

Log by travisl for Scooby Doo's Sister Stash (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Scooby Doo's Sister Stash (Traditional Cache):

travisl posted a note for Scooby Doo's Sister Stash (Traditional Cache)

This was the eight cache I ever found, and I was at the park again today with my wife's preschool celebrating the end of the school year.

I can only take being around two dozen 3-, 4-, and 5-year old for just so long before I snap and do something I regret later, like telling them the story about when Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny were college roommates, so instead of that, I figured what the heck, and tried to re-find this one from memory, more than two years later.

The tide was mostly in, meaning I walked on the sand most of the way but climbed a few rocks towards the end. Easy find.

In the log book there are two very pleasant logs from a biker-Christian who has found the cache and is using the logbook to chat with different folks. Other cachers have written nice Christian messages back to him. I logged that although I'm a kind-of-somewhat-maybe-wishy-washy-atheist, I think it's great that geocaching can bring strangers together to discuss spirituality.

I also got a nice cell phone photo of McNeil Island, which I think could be confused for Gilligans island, although most of the folks over there will be there longer than the standard three hour tour.

Thanks for maintaining this cache; it's still in great shape!

No comments: