Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Log by travisl for Steamboat Cache (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for Steamboat Cache (Traditional Cache):

travisl found Steamboat Cache (Traditional Cache)

Ricky's got a gun...
Ricky's got a gun...
Pigeons are on the run...
'Cause Ricky's got a gun...

Very close to the cache site, Ricky (10 years old?) and his brother with no name (7 years old?) were taking pot shots at the pigeons with a BB gun. That's OK with me, 'cause I detest the buggers. I'm sure they thought I was gonna say something when I walked past them to the cache site.

I spotted the cache easily (you guys don't have much ground cover or douglas fir boughs to hid caches under!), and began to sign the logbook when I heard Ricky and little Ricky coming. I blocked the cache with my body, and wrote about the pigeon potshots in the log when little Ricky came into view. He didn't realize I was there until he was about ten feet away -- I sure gave him the jibblies! I kept writing until they left to go home for dinner. Or so they said.

As I walked back to the car, they came back down the hill and began their failed attempt to cull the pigeon population again.

Spectacular views of the city from up here. Thanks.

No comments: