Sunday, May 30, 2004

Log by travisl for The Pipeline* (Traditional Cache)

Log by travisl for The Pipeline* (Traditional Cache):

travisl found The Pipeline* (Traditional Cache)

Of all the caches that I wanted to hit on my road trip home to Tacoma from Reno, this was the one I wanted to get the most. I wasn't disappointed.

I think the pipeline was turned off today, because there was no water spraying anywhere, and no indication that anything was flowing through it. About a quarter mile from the end of the grated trail, I had to scramble over a pair of generators which had an extension cord going down into the pipeline. At the end of the trail, the cord was visible down in the air vent. That's a long cord.

Left a Team Supergenius geocoin (#16) and a Cannonball Run II racer. Took nothing.

On the way back, I thought I'd take a safer way than to walk along the railroad tracks. I ended up making a wrong turn, and found myself in an apple orchard way uphill from the parking lot, but walked around and back down.

Neat place. Thanks.

No comments: